I have to admit I was (and still am) really nervous about bringing this idea into fruition. My overriding fear of rejection that has been etched into my being thanks to a very traumatic experience (see #7 for the story) gnaws away at me even as I hit "Publish". I sincerely hope that you like this project, I think it'll be so much fun and a great way for us to network with one another and at the very least, give us opportunities to get out of a fashion rut every now and then. But I need you to make this work. I really do. No, not the other blogger you assume will step up to the plate, I mean you. Big or small. New or old. You. I'm hangin' out on a limb here! Without further ado...
Part of the fabulousness of this digital age we all live in and enjoy today comes from the amazing connection we as an audience and consumer have with the business world. Now, we can talk to our favorite designers, brands, and retailers via Twitter, and Real People are modeling the latest trends for big name brands, showcasing their Real Style. This is fabulous!
To celebrate this utterly fabulous movement, I'm happy to announce a brand new series called "Bloggers Do It Better". The name may be full of attitude and spunk, but it's going to be fun, fabulous, and starring you. Yes, I said you. So get crackin' because once you get the assignment, it's up to you to create your very best interpretation of the phrase (be it a trend, accessory, color, pattern, etc.). It's going to be so much fun!
Here's how you play:
- Place the Bloggers Do It Better badge on your blog or site, somewhere (preferably in the sidebar).
- Check PSS often for the Assignment Phrase--you never know where you'll find it! It may have its own dedicated post announcing the next assignment, or it may sneak its way into a regular post, you never know!
- Take photos of your look interpreting the Assignment, and post it on your blog whenever you want.
- When the Bloggers Do It Better Assignment post comes up on PSS, Link to your blog post using the link widget in that post, and have a fabulous time clicking through the rest of the amazing submissions! The link title should be only your blog name--nothing else.
- ...And then keep an eye out for the next Assignment, when the fun starts all over again!
And right about now I should tell you that Assignment #1 is Colorblocking or Bold Colorful Stripes. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Remember to check back for the official assignment post where you can link up to your post. Assignments will be "due" one week after they are announced. So that means next Tuesday, y'hear?
Needless to say this may get you some follows, and some good traffic (here's hoping - it's up to you to spread the word and make it a huge success!). Who knows, we might even garner big name attention (at least, I like to think so thanks to my awesome-blossom naming abilities). Before I babble on and make your eyes bleed from reading so much, let me close by saying that words cannot express how excited I am to start this with you! And scared. Quivering in my booties, scared. But mostly excited. I think.