A couple of weeks ago I contacted a little company called THEIT that did not even have a website yet because I wanted to help them spread the word about their fabulous new product that I just knew my readers would salivate over.
But in order to show you just how amazing this product is, let me first introduce you to Old Camera Bag:
Ewwww. I know, right? I've literally had this camera bag since I got my first Digital SLR in college (yeah, that was about 2003, folks). To be fair, it has held up through about 8 years of travel and roughing around. But...it had to go.
I was too embarrassed to lug it around with me on dates and such for outfit shots, so I had resorted to taking only my camera, slung on my shoulder or, in ghetto improvisation, wrapped in a scarf and tossed in my handbag.
So I began searching for fashion-friendly camera bags. None, literally none, compared to this quilted black beauty by THEIT. You've seen it on PSS before here and here. Scroll down for more photos and my review at the end.
This gorgeous midnight faux-leather quilted bag has everything I love in a bag:
- it's quilted
- it has a tassel
- it has a leather and metal chain strap (very Chanel-esque, also)
- has several pockets
- contains a removable organizer which you can customize to fit your gear, and remove the whole thing when you want to just use it as a purse!
- durable, quality construction
There are some things that bother me a lil' though:
- I would love a real-leather option (I love animal friendly products, but this Southern girl loves leather too, and the PVC-like smell when I first opened it up was noticeable--fortunately it goes away pretty quickly)
- the pockets are a bit skinny so it's hard to imagine what can fit in them other than business cards or extra storage cards
- it won't fit my 70-200mm telephoto lens AND my camera at the same time (I do have a LOT of camera gear, though, and it fits EVERYTHING except the jumbo lens)
Overall, I think it's fantastic, and I can't wait to bring you more news and products from THEIT, as I've partnered up with them to debut their new spring line when it comes out -- can't wait for that! There is pretty much a continual waitlist since these bags are in hot demand right now, but they get new shipments all the time so be sure to sign up and you'll be sure to get yours within a week of ordering.