When it comes to lip glosses, I'm not the world's foremost expert. Heck, I'm probably not even the foremost expert in my zip code. Normally I detest the inevitable hair-strand-entrapment-syndrome that accompanies said application of lip gloss. I also hate the tacky, sticky feeling on one's lips. But a lot of that has changed recently thanks to brilliant new formulations. Unfortunately, HSES (hair-strand-entrapment-syndrome, do try to keep up) still exists, but we can't win 'em all, right?
The great thing about nudes is just how all-encompassing the term 'nude' really is. It depends on your natural skin shade and undertone. It depends on if your preferred nude leans more cool or warm-toned. I myself prefer a peachy nude to avoid making me look sallow or dead. Here are my favorite neutral-shaded lip glosses (plus one long-wearing matte liquid lipstick for good measure--or possibly because I swatched it thinking it was a lip gloss and realized a little too late that it wasn't. #truth).
Nude Lip Gloss Favorites
- Nyx Mega Shine lip gloss in 122 Natural
- Lorac Lips With Benefits gloss in 1293 Chuck
- Benefit Ultra Shines gloss in Life on the A List
- Napoleon Perdis Luminous Lip Veil in In The Flesh
- The Balm Plump Your Pucker in Cocoa My Coconut
- Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in 600 Nude Eclipse
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in 05 Bellissima
- Revlon Colorburst in 008 Peony
- Kryolan High Gloss in Toffee
- Revlon Colorburst in 058 Bejeweled (Limited Edition - search on eBay)