I wanted to let you guys know about a wonderful new store based in Okanagan, BC, Canada (hello, Canadian readers!) that purveys this gorgeous, lovely, silky, soft, luxurious selection of Egyptian cotton sleepwear called Angelily. I'm proud to say that What Lola Wants is now an official sponsor of Pretty Shiny Sparkly (so go check them out--they're still new so they don't have the selection of say, a Neiman's, but what they do have is heavenly). Ladies, if your man can't figure out what to get you for V-day (or if he forgot--gulp! and needs to make it up to you) this is the way into your heart.
I'm picky. And I'm especially picky when it comes to my sleep. I have a huge pillowtop mattress, and my bed is done up with the following: featherbed (of course! Who cares if I live in Texas!), 400tc white sheets with embroidered grey piping, down comforter with matching duvet, a bajillion pillows...and me. Somewhere in there. But one thing I haven't been picky about is what I sleep in. I usually throw on a ratty extra-large t-shirt from this-or-that promo or event and call it a night. Until now.
I am in love, and his name is Egyptian cotton pajamas. What Lola Wants carries this amazing selection of luxury pajamas (no more buying wash-three-times-and-destroy sleepwear from Targét) that is so soft, silky, and just well-made that you know it is going to last a lifetime. Ladies, let's throw out the old ratty t-shirts and make a pact to look good and feel good when we sleep next to our men (even if you don't you'll feel like a million bucks and sleep like it too--I know I did!).
What you see above are the exact PJ pants (color and everything--pink of course!) that I have. I also have the white knit boxer shorts (100% Egyptian cotton--can I even begin to describe to you how soft it is?). I also highly recommend the short sleeve hoodie--it's long enough to wear to bed, but also doubles as a coverup for in-between weather. Very convenient, and of course, soft.
A few caveats: Don't be put off by the sizing. It's imported (Egyptian cotton comes from...well, you know) so for me, I'm teeny tiny and was intially miffed when I saw the "UK Size 10" (I'm a size 2 in pants, usually)--but everything fit me just fine. And they're elastic, so they are good even if you're having a heavy (or light) day--er, night. I say night but honestly I could wear these around the house all day. I cry every time I have to part with them as they make their way to my washer. When we are reunited, we rejoice.
There is much rejoicing.
The proprietor of What Lola Wants is just the sweetest person. She named her fab store after her 4-year-old pug, Lola (shown below). What Lola Wants is the result of fashion enthusiast, Colleen Luttman, putting years of her entrepreneurial spirit to the test. After toying with many an idea, she finally figured out what “it” was that she wanted to do: build an online store that would look like her own personal closet. Something that represented her style, her tastes, but also things that were made of the finest quality and had their own unique stories behind them.
This is a girl after my own heart. The running joke in the family when I was growing up is that you could give me 5 different items with no price tags, and the priciest thing would be my choice--I just had a knack for quality & luxury (much to my parents' dismay)--and that's exactly what What Lola Wants is all about. I'd rather have one great-quality, well-made, expensive item that I know I'm going to use all the time, than throw my money away on lackluster, cheap, inexpensive items that I keep having to replace.
What Lola Wants ships all over North America and is currently running a 50% off Valentine's Sale sitewide - that means everything is 50% off! Hurry up, it ends Feb 20th. Discount code: VALENTINE50SALE. Plus, 50% off shipping! Sheesh, this is too good for words. But wait, there's more...
Win a $50 CDN gift certificate to spend at What Lola Wants!
What Lola Wants has generously provided a pair of fabulous $50 CDN gift certificates to 2 lucky readers to spend at WLW. There are two separate contests, so read this carefully. And, you are free to enter both contests!
Blog Comment Contest (#1)
Update: Winner is Comment #61, Erica C! Congratulations Erica!
- Required: Join the WLW mailing list at www.whatlolawants.ca then come back and leave a comment telling us you did just that. Please don't put your email address in the comment box (it attracts spam harvesters like bees to honey) -- just put it in the email box and we'll be able to see it just fine.
- Additional Entry: Tell us what you would buy from WLW if you won! Get 1 extra comment entry.
- Additional 2 Entries: Blog about this contest (link to this page) and get 2 extra comment entries!
- Additional Entry: Tell us what you wear to bed and how you'd like to change it (1 add'l entry).
- Additional Entry: Become a fan of Pretty Shiny Sparkly on Facebook!
- Max entries: 5 per person
Twitter Contest (#2)
Update: The winner is @neverdene! Congratulations!
- Required: Follow @whatlolawants on Twitter and tweet this (make sure the hashtag (#..) is included or your entry will not count!): "What Lola Wants twitter contest - tweet & follow to enter! http://bit.ly/9kYIHo #whatlolawants". (click here to automatically tweet) Retweet as many times as you like for additional entries! Make sure you're following! (Unlimited tweets per person, but don't go spam crazy or Twitter might cut you off.)
- Additional entry: Follow @prttyshnysprkly and retweet one of your favorite posts (use the handy Share/Save button below any entry) and be sure to include the #whatlolawants hashtag for your entry to be valid. (Max 1 tweet per person)
- Max entries: unlimited per person
- Note: for this contest you will not be leaving comments on this entry. That's for the one above!
The contest is open to ALL of North America, so get crackin' with your comments & tweets! One random winner will be chosen from each contest, for a total of 2 lucky winners. What Lola Wants provided me with the aforementioned products for my honest and unbiased review. They are also providing the prizes valued at over $100 CDN.
Both contests end 2/20/10 at 11pm CST
Did you enter the other current giveaways?
What Lola Wants provided PSS with a few samples to test for our review. No compensation was, or is ever, given for product reviews on Pretty Shiny Sparkly. Pretty Shiny Sparkly does not accept sponsored posts. Opinions given here are honest, without bias, and companies which send products are aware of our firm committment to honesty. What Lola Wants is an official sponsor (advertisement only).