I find it interesting that women complain on and on about the burden of being female: menstruation, menopause, childbirth, breastfeeding, osteoporosis, etc. But aside from autoimmune diseases, women really have it a lot better than men. Here's why.
- Women live longer than men. Known fact. We enjoy more sunrises & sunsets, and more time with our kids & grandkids. But yes, we miss you men when you're gone. Still. Beatcha!
- Women have naturally higher levels of HDL, the protective type of cholesterol.
- Women are less likely to die of heart disease than men. Caveat: this actually reverses if you're female and a smoker.
- Until menopause, women have enormously lower risk of heart attacks, coronary artery disease (CAD) than men.
- We don't go bald. Boo-ya!
- We don't grow hair tufts out of our ears as we age (men do, grossly enough, due to a gene on the Y chromosome).
I'm sure there's more out there but this is what I came up with while ruminating over the subject. Also, we get to bat our eyelashes and have men take care of things for us when we want. :)