Working the new season with fabulous new discoveries – Influences, Impressions, and Interpretations of Fashion
Edited by: Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista
It is without a doubt that fashion makes the world go round. Just last week, Fashion’s Night Out helped revive the economy, fashion week’s across the world bring together old friends, new friends, and those in between. Technology fused with fashion now offers inside perspectives- once only exclusively shared. Adding to this breath of fashion are those who blog.
This week’s roundup offers a retrospect of fashion as New York Fashion Week comes to a close, designers have teased us with what’s to come, and the world comes back to life- the fashion blogger’s mind only now begins to race with influences, impressions, and interpretations of Fall Fashion and what it all means…
- Amanda Brohman: How the nerds(and their style) conquered the fashion world:
- Amanda Lee Dot Org: How to Make High Heels Bearable
- Denim Debutante: Wearing White AFTER Labor Day
- Dirty Hems: Fashion is a Tramp: the cyclical nature of cultural appropriation in fashion, particularly pertaining to the homeless & “hobo-chic”
- Dramatis Personae: Fall Fantasy Lookbook- the bits and pieces I’m coveting for Fall ’10
- Fashioncents: 3 guidelines for wearing or not wearing socks with shoes. It’s time we all got on the right foot with this one.
- For Those About to Shop: So much invaluable information at the IFB conference. I decided to take Gala’s advice and write my first “how to”:
- Grechen Blogs: how to make your fashion blog more user-friendly
- Houndstooth and Tortoiseshell: So, how do you make it in the fashion industry: Real life advice on how to break into the fashion biz from a successful runway producer.
- Interrobangs Anonymous: Gender roles in fashion blogging:
- Mimosas in Bed: The big apple gets evolved
- Pretty Shiny Sparkly: The Thrift Virgin – One girl’s deflowering when it comes to thrift shopping fashion.
- Previously Owned: Exclusivity vs. availability: New media taking over?
- SLSVGG Fashion: The best bits of London’s Fashion Night Out
- Style Eyes Fashion: Join the evolution for a new fashion democracy – do you get fed up with being told what you ‘must have for the season ahead’ here’s how to end the dictatorship and have your say.
- Style Spotting: Fashion’s Night Out in LA with celeb stylist Taylor Jacobson and her collaboration with Kasil denim. Loved her hot rocker chic!
- The Curvy Fashionista: My Fall 2010 Luxe(wish)list- aka my birthday wishlist
- The Lingerie Addict: Should You Buy Your Lingerie Online or In Stores? A brief guide to knowing the best place to buy your most intimate fashions.
- The Little Curly Girl: The camel coat is one of the most talked about pieces for Fall 2010. Will you be wearing one this season?
- Your Saving Style: A Thought About Real Women
Go check out these awesome blog posts that are all fashion-related! I am thankful to be among them – thanks IFB!